Thursday, February 12, 2009

Me Time

Like many mothers in this world, I don't get alot of "me time". Yesterday was a perfect example. I got home around 4:45 only to set down with Cade to do homework. After that I started dinner. While that was going on I was unloading/loading the dishwasher, washing clothes, and organizing my plasitc containers cabinet. I also put the twins in the high chairs and gave them baby cookies to keep them from getting underfoot. You might ask, "where was Mickey during this time?" Well, he was happily sitting in his recliner playing a video game! I was so aggravated with him! Several times I asked him to get Cade to get his bath, check on him, etc. Finnally after I had dinner ready and Cade was still in the bathroom (for over 30 min.!) I asked him to stop playing! I mean, I had been home for almost 2 hours by then, and the whole time he was playing! He had no problem letting me handle everything last night.

Anyway, after I ate my dinner, I still had to feed the twins and get them bathed (another 45 min. gone!) Finnally at 8:00 I was able to lock myself in the bathroom and get a bath. I also enjoyed a Fuzzy Navel wine cooler in peace and quiet! (Hey, it may have not been a "real" fuzzy navel, but I'll take what I can get!) I'm not much of an alchoholic drinker, but there are times that I really need a drink to unwind, and last night was one of them!

5 comments:

  1. I am glad you gome a little alone time. Those husband in the recliner nights are very annoying to me.... makes you just want to snap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh that sounds nice J. You are a real hard working Mommie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry you weren't getting much help - hopefully he will get the message and start helping you out a little more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Im sorry that your dh wasnt helping more. Being a mom is busy isnt it? When I start feeling overwhelmed dh reminds me that he told me it would be like this...and he is right, Im busy, but before my life was kind of empty. Now, those wine cooler in the bath tub moments are extra precious, though they are few and far between!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand completely! I'm a working mom too and even after working a full day, I still don't get "me" time until after I get the kids to bed. Sometimes it's exhausting, but the kids make it worth it

    ReplyDelete